Sunday, February 04, 2007

Pog's Regrets and Mistakes

Thanks to everyone who put in their 2 cents about my poetry anthology. I got the damn thing in, realized on the day, when I saw everyone else's, that I got the assignment totally wrong. By that time it was too late, and I couldn't give a monkey's ass. So, its in and I haven't received a grade for it but that is not the point of me doing this class anyway, for the grades I mean. I am hoping to be discovered, if you must know why I am putting myself through this annoyance of weekly classes and homework assignments. So far, I haven't been discovered. I live in hope.

But what I really want to talk about are regrets and mistakes. It is an unfortunate segway, lest you think that one of my mistakes was going back to school. It isn't. I don't think furthering an education is ever truly a mistake...unless of course you are going for you MBA or to be a certified accountant. :-) Friends don't let friends become certified accountants. Here is my list thus far:


1. Buying a white, berber carpet - Oh man! What a nightmare. The professional cleaner is coming on Tuesday to try to sort out some of this mess. I can't totally blame the state it is in on the dog, although he certainly had his part to play. This carpet is the reason that I started thinking about regrets and mistakes. Everytime I step on it, I think of my folly.

2. Buying a volkswagon and using it for off roading - say what you will about German engineering. Praise them to Mount Olympus if you want to. Fine. All I can say is that if you drive them anywhere other than the Autobahn, you are going to pay. And pay big! Stuff is just falling off this car and I never get out of the shop for under $1000.

3. Getting my hair cut on Monday - I know, I know, it will grow back but I have to live with it until then.

4. Wasting 7 euro and 50 cents to see Babel - I don't know about the rest of you but it had to be one of the worst, pretentious, yet said nothing about anything, movies I have seen in a while. Can anyone explain to me, and give me a plausable explanation please, why they just didn't take the tour bus to the nearest hospital? Could it have been more dangerous to drive 4 hours in a bus that have a Moroccon vet sew her up with a burnt needle and black thread - without anestesia? And why did we have the Tokyo story at all? What was the point? I think it was supposed to say something about the collective human condition and it just failed miserably. In my humble opinion.

5. The moment of lapsed sanity when I said, "No, don't call a cab. I'll drive you." - Now I have to do it.

2 Comments:

At Monday, February 05, 2007, Blogger Dim said...

Great to see you post again, Pog!

Now, get Babel out of your system and go see cinematic greatness in the form of Pan's Labyrinth. That will most assuredly not be a regret or a mistake.

- D.

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007, Blogger March2theSea said...

babel was something i had in my netflix queue..but not anymore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home