Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Top 10 Lame Pog Excuses

Hi Guys!

Thanks to Rose, Trish, March, Dim and the others who have sent me notes, asking me about my absence on the blog scene! I am sorry to leave such a stale looking page having apparently dropped off the face of the earth. I am touched that you noticed and cared! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about my blog friends. It also makes me feel guilty... but I usually feel guilty about something, I am Catholic. Without guilt, where would I be?

This is a bit of a cop out post but, hell, I am rusty. So I offer you today...

Pog's Top 10 Lame Reasons for not have Posting
  1. Pog started school and can't believe the amount of crap that she is being asked to do that she doesn't want to do. This includes, collecting and creating an anthology of "poetry with passion" - oh and writing a 10 page introduction. How is this going to help me with my own writing, especially since I don't write poetry? Not sure but "ours is not to reason why, ours is just to do or die". Hey! That's Tennyson! I can use that one!
  2. It was a "bank holiday weekend" which is Ireland's name for, "day off for no reason". We get one a month except for November and December, but of course, we get a lot of days off in December anyway and the whole month is one big coming into work hungover so really, the only month to bitch about is November.
  3. Pog is busy writing short stories like a madman! My routine is finish, read blogs, revise, write a post, revise again, read blogs - I have just finished one so I am on the blog part of my writing cycle.
  4. Pog has been up in the country cottage, mucking about with the horse in the mud. I have two "love" bites to prove it. It is "love" or "where is my goddamn apple" bites. One or the other.
  5. As soon as I get on blogger, I am so busy reading y'all, I never get around to posting.
  6. I have been spending some quality time with my fella, whom I only see on the weekends, so even when I have blogging time, I get distracted - now before you get any dirty ideas, I usually am getting distracted by cooking dinners and cleaning up after everyone!
  7. Its either blog or exercise. Ok, that was the lamest of all because I am not doing either!
  8. I went to see the musical Wicked in London. I loved it! And I am not a musical kind of a gal! Showtunes are really only for gay men. Having said that, I loved it. This probably didn't stop me from blogging but just so you know how I am spending my free time.
  9. I am busy writing work related emails so people keep paying me. I have to keep up the illusion that I actually am busy during 8 hours a day on company business.
  10. Pog is lazy.

Thanks again for the shout outs guys! I hope I am back to a more normal posting routine!

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Pog is back!!! My day is now complete!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!


:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Glad all is well......

RR

 
At Tuesday, October 31, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy welcome back Pog....good to know you had not fallen out of the blogosphere!!! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate these days....going back to school alone can be killer!!!

Nice to read you again.....:)

{{{Pog}}}

 
At Tuesday, October 31, 2006, Blogger Steve H said...

i was about to send a message and become one of the 'where the heck are you?' team, so i'm glad you're back.

 
At Tuesday, October 31, 2006, Blogger Jenny G said...

Glad you're back! I'm all about days off for no reason.

 
At Tuesday, October 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you back online!

10. Pog is lazy? No no no sounds more like Pog has a busy life.

 
At Tuesday, October 31, 2006, Blogger Simone said...

Here's to Hallow's Eve my friend!

 
At Tuesday, October 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you went. Glad to see ya back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home