Friday, September 22, 2006

The fruits of my labor - an update of sorts

Hi Everyone.

I have been a bad blogger. I have been ignoring my duties and that unwritten covenant that we have to update with on some kind of regular cycle. (Dim's cycle has a larger circumferance than many of ours but you can't rush quality). Perhaps you will forgive me when I tell you what I have been doing.

When I last spoke with you, I was cleaning out my Mom's attic, babysitting bulldogs and generally bopping around the house where I spent most of my childhood years. The bulldogs are a lot of work so believe me, I didn't have that much time to myself. One is bugging me right now as a matter of fact.

So, I got through about 1/3 of the attic which is what I expected to do. I went up there under the auspices of finding my roller skates. Two weeks later, no roller skates to be seen. It would be easier at this point to buy another pair off of Ebay. And you wonder why we have so much junk. For example, I found two pasta makers up there! Two! I would take one but they are electrified and for some reason unknown to me, every country in the world has to make their own plug on different currency. They can come together for the Euro, we can have NATO, but the same electrical system? Forget it. I have already blown up one coffee maker, on stereo and a hair dryer during momentary geographical awareness lapses.

So no roller skates but one of the other promises I made to myself was to jump start my new year's resolution of seeking out and "reaching out" to old friends ahead of time. I did pretty well. Here is my status sheet thus far ...

Bill - we had contacted each other a couple of years ago while I was living in New York. A few phone calls were exchanged but nothing much. In these 2 weeks, we have had dinner twice, played some guitar and generally recaptured 1993. He is a TV producer now and has an interesting job with Forensic Files so I get all the gorey details that you don't see on TV! Yahoo!

Fred - I haven't spoken to Fred for 7 years! We went to high school and college together. He looks and acts like Jimmy Stewart if I had to peg him as anyone famous. Also, he is exactly the same. He hasn't changed one bit! Not since 1988! And we picked up right where we left off.

Zoe and Jen - both of these babes are in Boston but Zoe is from Bermuda. I was planning on getting to them but I couldn't. Zoe and I are actively planning a reunion in Bermuda and Jen just gave birth so I think it is up to me to get to Boston at Christmas.

Julia - well, she is my oldest friend and we have always kept track of each other. It was more her doing then mine because Julia always had the innate understanding that old friends are important. I saw her this summer. I blogged about our dinner. I am supposed to be going over to her mom's tonight where she will be with her new baby.

So, ok, 5 and counting. It was definitely time well spent, despite the roller skates or lack thereof.

I am back to Ireland on Monday. Sucky CD will have to wait until then (again!).

Go n-éirí leat!

2 Comments:

At Friday, September 22, 2006, Blogger March2theSea said...

what the F..we need to wait more?? WTF??!!

 
At Friday, September 22, 2006, Blogger Simone said...

Did Fred say this to you: "What is it you want, Pog? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. I'll give you the moon, Pog."

say hi to Jimmy Stewart for me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home