Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Never ceases to amaze me

I think the little things in life are the most amazing. Forget space travel and winning the Superbowl, look around at your daily grind and you may find the most interesting things are right under your nose. I will give you a couple of examples to get you thinking.

Amazing little things (Pog's list, in no particular order):


  1. I am amazed at how much smarter my dog it than me. Not only did he learn human, he learned it in English, German and the 0h-so-difficult Gaelic. I have no idea what he is talking about when he goes bizzurk every night around 9 pm.
  2. I am amazed at how long store bought white bread stays unmoldy and soft. There must be enough chemicals to rival Dow.
  3. I am amazed that MacDonalds taste the same everywhere - every store in every country on the planet.
  4. I am amazed at just how long corn stays in a person's system.
  5. I am amazed at how all the women I know, without exception, find it easier to go without sex for long periods of time than go without chocolate .
  6. I am amazed at how the lightness of a household appliance (blender, vacuum cleaner, can opener) is inversely proportional to how long it will remain in working order. Obviously it is because they use cheaper, weaker materials in the light ones but if you look around your own house, everything that is still working probably is new or weighs a ton.
  7. I am amazed how dry cleaning is one of the biggest lies of the 20th century.
  8. I am amazed how hard it is to lose 5 lbs.
  9. I am amazed how easy it is to gain 15 lbs.
  10. I am amazed how my white, berber carpet is the only place in my entire house where, food has ever been spilt, the dog has vomitted, I have cut myself and bled. My tiled floors are immaculate.

Life, huh?

2 Comments:

At Thursday, August 24, 2006, Blogger Simone said...

I once had a really bad burger in the Helsinki MacDonalds made with elk meat. no, really it was bad!

here's my addition: No matter how much I clean it, I'm amazed at how dirty the inside of my car gets! It's not a truck or a jeep and there are no sandy beaches in the parking garage.

fun post!

 
At Thursday, August 24, 2006, Blogger Dim said...

I'm amazed at how much I like "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney, since I like virtually none of his other solo stuff.

- D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home