Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Survival skills in the 21st Century

We really have it easy in the 21st century, don't we? The biggest obstacle to my day is not hunting for food or tending to crops to feed a family - my big concern is if my iPod battery is going to remain charged for my entire time while on the way into work where upon I may, *sigh*, have to wait on line for a cup of specialty coffee with my choice of a chocolate or cinnamon dusting.

But as I was perusing the wiki how to site, I realized that the modern era has its own set of survival skills that we all must pay close attention to in order to survive. As I surfed a little more, I was even more solidified in my growing conviction. Yes! There are skills, not unlike being able to build a fire from sticks or making shelter out of shrubbery, that we all must learn! I have included them on this post because I don't want any of you to go another day without them. You may thank me tomorrow.

Here is a little skill that even the most proficient of you gourmet chefs can benefit from.
How to make a grilled cheese sandwich with an iron . The trick it to put the iron on "Cotton/Linen". No steam...or starch...except the bread...ha ha! I kill myself!

Ok, so you can't cook and don't even want to try? How about wowing them in the boardroom!
How to spin a pencil around your thumb. This is one of Pog's skill sets and I can tell you, there has been many a captain of industry stopped mid-pie chart in awe and wonder.

Maybe, you get a promotion from the thumb/pencil spinning! I did! But you know what, it is a lot more work, longer hours, bigger responsibility and not so much more money. The stress gets to you - so you may need to read through this: How to call in sick when you really just need a day off.

Who doesn't know how to do this already? Maybe Pog just has a jaded picture of people and thinks they are really more deceptive than they really are. If they were all that honest, however, they wouldn't need the good advice from the wiki people about cheating a polygraph test.

Contract your anal sphincter muscle when a control question is asked. While also highly effective, this method may (or may not) be discovered with the use of pressure-sensitive seat pads that are now commonly used.

I have so much to learn!

Let's say, however, your tutorial on sticking it to the polygraph man doesn't go quite the way your loved one planned, then you better read up on how to deal with being in prison.

The trick is not to become someone's "punk" (girlfriend). Having not been in prison, I am not sure what does or does not slip one's mind but I am pretty sure that I would figure that one out on my own. But hey, when you get out of prison, or maybe even when you are in it, you can spend your time doing things like converting old ass TV sets into fish tanks, 'cause nothing sounds quite like "trailer trash" than a fish tank in a TV set.

Now, these next ones are really neat tricks too and I don't know which one is harder to learn:

How to know the different between love, infaturation and lust or How to slice a banana before it is peeled

Both are pretty neat tricks.

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 15, 2006, Blogger Simone said...

wow, out of the last two choices, I'm more interested in how to slice a banana before its peeled!! Now that's a skill!

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006, Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Me too! If I was selling my soul to the devil, I think it would be for the banana slicing.

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, these are all skills some one may need one day. hmm... I like the banana one the best though!!


RR

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006, Blogger Dim said...

These are all very useful for me. Especially the lie detector one. I'm clenching my sphincter now in practice. My parole officer and I thank you!

- D.

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2006, Blogger Steve H said...

i know the secret of slicing the inpeeled banana...

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2006, Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Dim - read up on the prison one too my friend, if the stories I hear about you are true, you are going to need it :-)

Rose & Rosie - you both chose bananas and pencil skills - is there something freudian about that?

Hotwire - if you know the banana trick, you must be lucifer or something

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006, Blogger Steve H said...

it's easy. it involves a needle and thread.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home