Thursday, August 31, 2006

Blogrolling Sucks!

Ya know - you get what you pay for. I paid nothing for that little piece of javascript called Blogrolling but I am paying for it now! The only thing that sucks worse is Blogger itself!

First of all, it isn't showing me all of my links which are updated. For example, I just got a notice that Fresh updated and imagine my surprise when I see I am days behind in my reading on her blog.

Then there is Annoyed. I get the little change on my right hand navigation, telling me that one of my favs has a new posting and NOTHING! I got my hopes up and blogrolling crushed them like a bride left at the alter. And when Annoyed did post? Nothing. I just clicked because I have learned not to trust my own eyes and behold! I get that freak, Karr, staring out at me!

I also miss my little arrows that my regular template gave - oh, and when I am on the companies network it drops Blogrolling altogether so any of my Irish readers (and there are a couple) are not able to see the links that Blogrolling handles - I don't think. They don't comment. Except to me. Face to face. Maybe that is better. I should count my blessings. Maybe you guys should too ;-)

6 Comments:

At Thursday, August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger and Blogrolling are a joke. But they are free, so we can only complain a little bit.

I just clicked on everyone's blog today to see what was going on and most of them were updated and not "breezing in".

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freshairlover is right, It's for free... You get what you pay for...


That said, blogger is pissing me off and messing with my blog!!!

I sure hope it dosent breed.. (see my current post to see what I'm talking about.)

RR

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006, Blogger March2theSea said...

i can chime in a smidge.

Annoyed does comment moderation. When you comment he has to approve. Each time an approval goes it sends a message to blog roller its been updated...thus the message.

Its been behind for sure and hit or miss. I still do my AM pass on all my links, then a PM pass regardless of any/all messages.

Plus you get used to who usually updates daily (well for my links) I know most days I got some new Freshair..but it can go days for Dim which is always worth the wait.

Warmest Personal Regards
-march

 
At Saturday, September 02, 2006, Blogger Steve H said...

i must be lucky as i've never had any blogger issues, an i'm not smart enought to figure out blogrolling.

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006, Blogger Simone said...

Where's our CD Sucky Sunday missie!! No excuses!!

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006, Blogger Dim said...

Blogrolling didn't alert me to this new post by you, Pog. Grr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home