Friday, August 25, 2006

Just give the kid a break

One of my stories was chosen for an anthology. I am very excited. One of the leaders of my Wednesday night workshop (not Master's related) asked if I can make some minor edits - which invariably includes cutting down where you think it cannot be possibly cut anymore- for inclusion in the anthology of new writers she and others were putting together.

I have never had any taste of the publishing of an entire book with a spine and everything! (I have only dealt with magazines) There is incredible the amount of work that goes into getting an anthology together. It is also amazing the amount of parties that are involved in it! I have one this weekend as an "end of the editing" celebration and we are already thinking about venues for the launch party around Christmas.

Two parties for 1900 words? Not bad. Before you even ask if I get paid for this story, please substitute the thought of cash money to the 2 parties and a couple of free copies of the book. That kind of sucks.

But it's a start.

10 Comments:

At Friday, August 25, 2006, Blogger B. said...

Congrats! Will your blog readers be able to read your work?

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006, Blogger Dim said...

Wow, that's awesome, Pog! Congratulations!!!

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006, Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! I almost didn't post this because I don't want to seem self-promoting which this isn't! Just excitement! It is small - not really a big deal in the scheme of things but I big deal for me! :-)

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006, Blogger Simone said...

Knock 'em dead! Break a leg! what do they say in the writer's world?

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006, Blogger pog mo thoin said...

They say "keep your day job". ;-)

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006, Blogger Steve H said...

holy crap - nice job!! what is the story about??

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! 100x's over!! Will we get a chance to read??

I sure hope so!!

RR

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006, Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I will keep you posted about the progress! Thanks again!

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Blogger Potsie said...

Nice job buddy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home