Tuesday, October 31, 2006

5 Interesting Things about Pog

Apparently, I have been tagged to produce 5 interesting things about myself. So here it goes...may I present to you ...

5 Interesting Things about Pog
  1. I used to be a sharp shooter. I won the CT regionals for rifle shooting in my class, I was the captain of my rifle team in prep school and we beat the uniforms off of the Westpoint cadets, much to their embarrassment. I am very rusty but given some practice, I bet I can still shoot the arse off a fly at 100 yards.
  2. I worked in TV for a number of years before going to Ireland for my Master's. I was a pushpin girl (pushed pins in a map to indicate the location of the callers) for a sports show on NECN when it first started up. I also worked for Channel 5 in Boston and Channel 8 in New Haven CT (where I saw my first dead body)
  3. I once flew to London from Boston to go to a party in a castle on the Beaulieu Castle in Southhampton. There were some famous people there, especially by British standards (so that means they weren't all that famous). Prince Edward, Charles's brother, was there. My sister went up and talked to him. I was too busy looking for the member of Pink Floyd (Gilmour, Waters?) who was supposed to be there. So was Mick Jagger. Both a no-show but it all got written up in Hello magazine.
  4. I was arrested for fighting once, again in Boston, the site of most of my indiscretions.
  5. My first story is being published in a book put out by the Dublin Writer's Centre. The launch in on November 16th and a famous Irish literary scholar and politician is launching the book. My mom doesn't know! I am going to surprise her with it for Christmas.

So, there you have them. I have more stories. I get myself into stupid situations out of boredom and restlessness.

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 01, 2006, Blogger Simone said...

Bam! Did you hear that? It was all those names being dropped!! :)

And remember T was always so worried about you keeping that rifle in the apt. without a permit!!

great post Pog~

 
At Wednesday, November 01, 2006, Blogger Steve H said...

cograts on the story being published!

 
At Wednesday, November 01, 2006, Blogger Dim said...

Wow, Pog! These are all, dare I say, VERY interesting!!

- D.

 
At Wednesday, November 01, 2006, Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Simone, I flew 3000 miles for one weekend because I knew it would be good name dropping material ;-) And because of T I went and registered it with the Commonwealth of MA who promptly fingerprinted me! Now, I can't commit the perfect murder! Thanks T! Thanks a lot!

Hotwire - thanks! I posted about it before but the launch is soon and it couldn't come at a better time since my day job is so horrible at the moment!

Dim - Everyone's life is interesting when you take 30+ years and put them into 5+ items
:-) I find myself playing it safer nowadays and I have to stop that!!!!

 
At Thursday, November 02, 2006, Blogger March2theSea said...

man..you are a good shot eh? I will be sure to not anger you!

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome post Pog.....you have done some...errrr....interesting things!! Care to share anymore about your arrest?? And please tell me it had nothing to do with your marksman awards!!

And great congrats on the book and the upcoming launch....keep us posted!! What is the book about...have you blogged about it before??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home