Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The First List of 2007

When I was working at a certain medical software company more years then I can to remember, one of the things that I looked forward to after we came back to work in the new year, was the annual death poll. I wonder if they still do that? For anyone who doesn’t know what the death poll is, it is a very morbid practice of guessing which public figures are going to bite it during the upcoming year. Associated with the accurate picking of the poor sot, was the bookies odds that were deemed appropriate for the choice. For example, everyone had George Burns on their list before he actually died at like 1:2 odds – not very good. Chris Farley at the time was not a big surprise – maybe he was like 1:3. I don’t really get the whole taking book thing so bear with me. If someone got a windfall – like Phil Hartman, God rest his soul 1:100 – who knew his wife would blow him away? I told you this was a morbid little game. I am bringing it to you. Here is my list of my top 5, no odds, gambling is a sin ;-)


1. Pete Doherty – singer of lousy band called Babyshambles. Most noted for his horrible heroine addiction and his relationship with Kate Moss. Maybe when he goes, he will take Kate with him. I wouldn’t shed a tear. I hate her.

2. Lindsey Lohan – party girl. I have also heard she is an actress. I peg her for a botched suicide attempt. Botched to the extent that she stages a “cry for help” and actually succeeds in topping herself.

3. David Blaine – magician and all around waste of time. You know, I liked David Blaine when he was doing card tricks and levitating on the streets of New York. Now I just am waiting for him to try to get back into the limelight with some other physical feat of utter stupidity. He will have to kill himself to do it though – like that episode of Bugs Bunny when Daffy Duck blows himself up to tops Bugs – remember that one?

4. Ted Kennedy – senior senator from Massachusetts. Because it is time.

5. Peter O’Toole – actor. ‘Cause his best buddies, Burton and Harris are gone, who is he going to drink with?


Anyone else with a list out there?

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David Blaine is a good one.

 
At Tuesday, January 02, 2007, Blogger March2theSea said...

who at innetech does said list??!

 
At Tuesday, January 02, 2007, Blogger B. said...

Interesting. I'm gonna go with Estelle Getty (from the Golden Girls) and any rapper that could be shot.

 
At Wednesday, January 03, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Fidel Castro??

Good to see you back again Pog!!

 
At Wednesday, January 03, 2007, Blogger A-Train said...

Yes, Fidel is a shoe in. They won't even give odds on Fidel in Vegas. Very nice. How about T.O. from the Cowboys? When will someone put him out of our misery? What about #43? I nominate Dennis Kozlowski taking one in the bighouse in upstate NY. My long-shot is Steve Ballmer at MS, keeling over of the big MI while taking out a BLT sandwich.

Hi Pog. It's good to see you again. ;-)

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007, Blogger Mr. A said...

Fidel will never die.... he's Satan.

I'll go with David Blaine...just because.

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe good list...

W perhaps? I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home