Sunday, June 11, 2006

Avoiding the World Cup, Part 1 - or - Why I should never be Tim Curry's agent

It is World Cup fever on this side of the pond. We are a day and a half into 4 weeks of soccer hell (I am not a fan of the sport) and I am already thinking of ways to top myself. Luckily, both Irish and English television have taken preventative measures to keep the suicide rate down and have planned their programming to offer an alterative to the endless, useless running up and down a field that is "futball". It is apparently all aimed at a female audience but so obviously picked by men that its laughable. My movie choice for tonight is Charlie's Angels because, all chicks love Charlie's Angels, right? Hey, does anyone else think that Cameron Diaz looks much better as a long-haired brunnette? I sure do.
Otherwise she just looks like Tweety Bird, doesn't she?!?
Uncanny, isn't it?

This brings me to the part about Tim Curry. Perhaps this blog should also be called The Curse of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. As any fan of Charlie's Angels - The Movie (Part 1) can tell you (I expect all 3 of you out there to comment in), Tim Curry is in it. He plays the main bad guy.


<----- There he is doing his thing in Charlie's Angels. But the problem is, I can not - not for one second, no matter how hard I try, and I have, I am trying now but it is not working...


I CANNOT look at Tim Curry and not see him like this --------> God I wish I was watching the Rocky Horror Picture Show instead of Charlie's Angels right now. Even without audiance participation and the trannie stage show, it is better than Charlie's Angels. Don't get me wrong, I am not a card-carrying fan of the RHPS, I like it enough and love, love, love the elevator scene when we first see Mr. Curry however it beats this anyday of the week! This being Charlie's Angels AND the World Cup.




The funny thing about RHPS is that all of the actors had questionable careers after doing the cult classic. I don't think any one of them was as good as when they were in RHPS and that includes Susan Sarandon - God I hate her!




Barry Boswick, who was the actor who played Brad also was the mayor on that Spin City show with that other short guy, what's his name? Oh, Michael J. Fox. That blows my mind! I didn't make that connection until I started writing this blog! Who knew and why didn't anyone tell me!?!
Anyway, Spin City vs. RHPS - still no contest.



I would say the same thing about Meat Loaf, who played Eddie in the RHPS (in one scene they ate him - it was great) as I do about the rest of the Rocky cast, but I thought Fight Club was good except for the end.



Ok, I am almost done but I have to keep writing because Togo and friggin' Mongolia are still kicking a ball around a field ... Bill Murray is great in anything, why did he do Charlie's Angels? Was it because he liked the soundtrack? I like the soundtrack but I am a disco queen so I am sure that is on an annoyance level for someone as well.



So as you can see, if it were up to me, Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, and Barry Boswick would have made the Rocky Horror Picture Show and retired. It probably would have done them and us a world of good. Meat Loaf can stay because "Two outta three ain't bad" - sorry, bad joke and it isn't on even on any of the soundtracks.



Game's over, movie is too. Until next time, G'night.



"I see you shiver in antici ...... pation"

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 13, 2006, Blogger March2theSea said...

added you as a stinky linky off my blog

 
At Wednesday, June 14, 2006, Blogger pog mo thoin said...

March, you rock hard. Why am I stinky?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home