Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Lessons on being catty, part 1

Road and I are just back from the Kilkenny Cat Laughs Festival. We saw some great comedians, ate dinner with some famous people, stayed in a hotel which would put Buckingham palace to shame and decided that sleep was for weenies. Two beautiful sunrises, 2 kegs of Guinness, 14+ whiskey & whites (Road is hooked) and a steady flow of flirtatious banter and I had totally forgotten that I had a brand new blog to attend to. It it were tamagotchi, it would have been dead. This got me thinking about how I switched from being a newly indoctrinated blogger to someone who didn't give a crap about blogging in less than a half a day. Maybe it is the brevity of my time as a blogger and I guess we can say that and leave it at that but I have another theory.

On this trip, I was relaxed; I was happy; I was looking forward to the weekend under an impossibly blue sky in village with a castle and pubs that had us sipping the black stuff in walls that were build before 1600. Everyone was my friend. We were all dance partners, debating foes, drinking buddies, and companion witnesses to the fact that we were in the best place on earth at that moment. We actually felt sorry for anyone who was not in Kilkenny this weekend. Consequently, I had absolutely nothing to bitch about and no inclination, no urge to make public my meanderings about nonsensical social issues. I had no rants. I had no raves. I was calm as the rolling green fields I had outside my window. Plus, I had lots of real human contact! Real social interaction! I talked into the face of other human beings - and honeys - as much as I like technology - and I do - there is no "virtualization" equal to that.

So, ok, to recap because it is late. Here is my theory as to why people blog:

  1. Because they need to bitch
  2. Because they have no one to bitch to
  3. Because even if they have someone to bitch to face to face, they are afraid that if they bitch, they will be judged unfairly and need to face the consequences of it. Anonymity, thy name is free speech and unadulterated bitch-festing!
  4. They want to talk about books, movies and music. (Please see #2 and replace the words "bitch to" with the words "discuss with" and proceed with the steps.
  5. To get virtual dates. Yuck.
  6. To express a propensity for sexual behavior which would make any seasoned whore/b-grade adult movie actor blush - and find like minded-people. Please go to step #5 and replace "Yuck" with "Yuck. Ugh. Yuck"

For anyone with the mind to comment (not that anyone reads this) and tell me I am closed minded, especially about the nocturnal practices, don't bother. I don't care. It's not bohemian. It's just sick. Find out what my screen name means and apply.

Maybe I am wrong. I just needed to bitch.

2 Comments:

At Friday, June 09, 2006, Blogger Potsie said...

You forgot boredom and killing time at work.

 
At Saturday, June 10, 2006, Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Jocular is 100%. Boredom and killing time at work is the birthplace of the blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home