Thursday, June 01, 2006

Idea for new game show - BBC/RTE are you listening?

I consider my "gaydar" one of the most finely calibrated psycho/sexual investigative systems going - A bloodhound for puffs, if you will. And tell me, in this day and age, what girl doesn't need such a weapon in her arsenal for traversing this treacherous territory of singledom? Navigating between the "metero-sexuals" (it used to be that guys who used hair gel were suspect) and the growing army of post-ops, it is no wonder we are all a bit confused!

This brings me to my idea for a show. A game show that asks the question, "Gay or Just from the Continent?" because I swear to God, I can't tell. These sophisticated, handsome, polite guys who can bake (bake!) and match their cologne to the fabric of their tailored-slim-in-the-waist suits are making this gal's finally tuned nose for all things left-footed look Login's air traffic control system meets a 747 full of Nokia's in full operational mode. I know I promised to wax philosophic about the Irish but believe me, the Irish do not qualify as contestants on my new game show. There are no metero-sexuals in Ireland. I know guys here who stay away from chapstick because they are afraid it may seem too much like cosmetics!!! I am thinking about the group of Italian guys who wouldn't let us into the bathroom at the party on Saturday because they were too busy "getting ready" or the Spanish guy I worked with who would comment on my handbags ... and how about my French friend who I have known for years? Handsome, intelligent, wonderful but even Road asked me - "Is L gay?" and my response was, "Maybe, or he could just be French."

This isn't really so "out there" as you may think. Take a look at the predecessors. But like the Irish, the English are easy - they don't like soccer or rugby? Slap a label on 'em boys, they are on the one-way express to homo-ville. I need help on my city breaks abroad! One flash of newly bleached teeth and a well co-ordinated dinner ensemble, and I may melt into the arms of romantic-language speaking lothario! If he would have me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home