Thursday, July 27, 2006

Wacky Warnings

I wasn't going to post tonight because I have had a long day, I have travelled all over the Greater London area and although I have been rewarded by staying in a much nicer hotel for tonight and tomorrow (God Bless expenses!), I was not going to finish the day as I started - staring at a screen.

But Dim's post reminded me of a site I saw and I wanted to share it with you. When Dim was riffing about warning labels, I had to go and dig this out. I think it is a scream. Check it out.

The waterway map is my favorite. I have one of my own to submit for next year but I have to find it again. It was a label for peanut candy which said Caution: This product may contain nuts.

Well, I hope so, that is why I am buying it!

4 Comments:

At Thursday, July 27, 2006, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Pog, manic here. And I'm drunk and going to drink somem ore, but wanted to tell you we have to chat! About novels and stuff! And the fact that I have a tattoo that is the Irish Claddaugh and a daughter named McKaelen Flynn!

OK, so my vino's waiting. Haven't been drunk on a Wed in a long time. Hubby might get some luvin' tonight. Hope I can stay awake for it.

Kiss kiss from the US!

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006, Blogger Dim said...

Pog! The one about the map is my fave as well! Hysterical. I see that all the time...on napkins, towels, placemats. I'm like, what the hell kind of sailor takes a placemat on a boat and navigates with it? Did this actually happen? It had to or they wouldn't give the warning!!

- D.

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006, Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Manic - I hope the head is ok and the lovin' was good! I would love to chat! Anytime, wine or not!

Dim - I don't know what makes them tag stuff. Is it the case of middle management sitting in an office, having nothing to do, and dreaming up the worst case scenarios and adding $1.7 million to the cost of a project that is already overbudget?

Probably not - probably someone tried to navigate around Hilton Head using that cocktail napkin.

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The map one is the best. What a great site!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home